The most capable and motivated foreign students from outside the EU/EEA who apply to Vilnius University Master programs offered in English or Russian will receive Vilnius University Masters Scholarships 2023 for foreign Students awards.
To learn more about Vilnius University Masters Scholarships for International Students in 2023, including the application date, eligible nations, eligibility, scholarship value, duration, and how to apply, continue reading.
Overview of Vilnius University Masters Scholarships
Vilnius University is the oldest public research university outside of the United Kingdom, Denmark, and Sweden in Northern Europe and the Baltic States. Its Lithuanian name is Vilniaus universitetas.
It is currently the top university in Lithuania and is listed in the top 400 (QS) or top 800 (ARWU) universities globally. VU is ranked eighth in CEE (excluding Russia) by QS as of 2022; an ARWU equivalent would be ranked eleventh.
Stephen Bathory, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, established the institution in 1579 as the Jesuit Academy (College) of Vilnius. After the Albertina and the Cracow Academy, it was the third-oldest university in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
The November Uprising (1830–1831) was unsuccessful, therefore the institution was shut down and its operations were put on hold until 1919.
The local Polish Society of Friends of Science in Wilno (1915 and November 1918), Lithuania (December 1918), and invading Soviet forces (March 1919) all made unsuccessful attempts to rebuild the institution following World War I.
After another Soviet occupation in 1920 and less than two years of the Republic of Central Lithuania, which was integrated into Poland in 1922, it finally started operations as Stefan Batory University in Poland in August 1919.
Following the Soviet invasion of Poland in September 1939, the university was briefly under the control of the Lithuanian government (from October 1939). Later, after Lithuania was annexed by the Soviet Union in June 1940, the university was under German control from 1941 to 1944 due to Operation Barbarossa.
Stefan Batory University’s Polish students and faculty members were relocated to Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toru in 1945. Following the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1990, Lithuania regained its freedom, and the university resumed its position as one of the country’s top institutions of higher learning.
All of the prominent architectural eras that dominated Lithuania are represented in the extensive Vilnius University ensemble, including Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, and Classicism. The cenotaph for eleven Old Prussian tribes and a modest temple for four gods and four goddesses from Baltic mythology are both located in the basement of the old University building.
- Vilnius University Masters Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- Application Deadline: 1st May 2023
- Eligible Countries: International non-EU/EEA countries
- To be taken at (country): Lithuania
- Type: Masters
- Charles Darwin University Total Review – Tuition Ranking And Acceptance Rate
- Central Queensland University – Tuition Ranking And Acceptance Rate
- How to write a Character Sketch: Examples & Worksheets in 2023
- 10 aspects of online English language learning platforms for students studying abroad
- Beyond Blockchains: Did the Decentralized Currency Bubble Change the Finance Industry
- The citizens of non-EU and non-EA citizens are required to apply.
- Candidates are not permitted to obtain additional financial aid for tuition from Lithuanian or foreign organizations.
- Candidates must be submitting an application for a Russian- or English-taught master’s program at Vilnius University.
- Unknown number of recipients of the award
- Scholarship value: The complete tuition charge is covered by this scholarship.
- Scholarship period: one year
- How to Apply: When using the online admissions system, you can apply for a tuition waiver. Candidates must fill out the applicable fields in the admission system and submit all required documentation for admission.
Trust you found our article on Vilnius University Masters Scholarships 2023 for International Students follow our website for more interesting articles.