The National Scholarship Portal 2023 (NSP) is a digital platform that houses a variety of scholarships provided by the federal government, state governments, and other government organizations like the UGC (University Grants Commission).
About 104 scholarship programs totaling hundreds of crores are available to those who have registered on the National Scholarship Portal. The portal, according to officials, has so far assisted the government in implementing and awarding scholarships totaling more than INR 2,700 crores.
Over 127 lakh applications have been submitted to the platform national portal scholarship, of which over 84 lakh have been authenticated.
The National Scholarship Portal, which was first unveiled as the Mission Mode Project under the National e-Government Plan (NeGP), quickly became one of the most well-known scholarship portals, offering a range of services from student scholarship application to scholarship disbursement.
The portal ensures direct transfer of funds to the beneficiary’s account, minimizing any possibility of leakage, and provides a SMART (Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent) mechanism for effective and quicker disposal of scholarships.
NSP, or the National Scholarship Portal
With the use of the NSP Portal, which the Central Government launched, students across the nation can quickly apply for a variety of scholarship programs offered by the Central and State Governments.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology launched this portal. Through this portal, interested students can now obtain all the amenities and information linked to the various schemes while sitting at home.
They won’t need to visit every office or division for this. The students would save time and money by using this online portal. Now, any student can access the NSP portal by searching for pmmodischeme.in via Google to access the National Scholarship Portal.
We’ll tell you how to use the Central Government’s scholarship program by following the instructions in this article’s section on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- 5 Top Harvard University Scholarship for International Students
- 6 Cheapest Universities in Cyprus for International Students
- 5 Cheapest Universities in Belarus for International Students
- 10 Best Medical Schools in Turkey | Make sure you check No. 7
- 7 Cheapest Universities in Finland for International Students
- Full List of Private Universities in Nigeria and their School Fees
- How to Study in Finland for Free (9 steps)
You can gain from the NSP in the following ways.
- All scholarship-related information is available on the NSP Login platform as a whole.
- The application procedure is made simpler by the need that you submit a single integrated application for all scholarships.
- All users of the national scholarship portal benefit from increased transparency.
- On one single platform, you may get the master data for all programs and organizations across the entirety of India.
- In the form of DSS, it also acts as an excellent tool for departments and ministries (Decision Support System)
NSP: National Scholarship Portal Why did it get made?
What was the need for this site, exactly? This is a question that should naturally cross your thoughts. The National Scholarship Portal was created with the following primary goals in mind:
- to make certain that scholarships are awarded to students in a timely manner
- to provide a uniform platform for scholarships from the Central and State Governments
- to provide a transparent database for students
- in order to prevent duplication during application processing
- Harmonizing the various scholarship types and their requirements
- To make sure DBT is being used (Direct Benefit Transfer)
How can students use the National Scholarship Portal 2023 (NSP) to their advantage?
Now that you are aware of the advantages the National Scholarship Portal 2023 provides to students, here are some tips for maximizing your use of the portal.
- Verify your eligibility for the available NSP scholarships.
Register with the National Award Portal (NSP Login) and submit an application for each scholarship you qualify for.
- Online application submission is made simple.
- The online application will be verified by the authorities. Through the portal, you may also monitor the progress of your application throughout this time.
- The scholarship money will be directly deposited to the student’s account via Direct Benefit Transfer after being satisfactorily validated (DBT). Through the portal, you may find out the current status of NSP scholarship payments.
Read Also: 15 Best Private High Schools in America
Various scholarships are covered through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2023.
The National Scholarship Portal, known for its broad coverage of scholarships for students studying from kindergarten to doctoral level, offers access to nearly all of them. The NSP’s wide range of scholarships are primarily divided into the following categories:
- Central Schemes
- UGC Schemes
- AICTE Schemes
- State Schemes
NSP’s Central Schemes for National Scholarships
In order to enable students to pursue their ideal academic careers without financial restrictions, many departments working under the Government of India administer a number of scholarships.
The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA), Department of Higher Education (DHE), and other renowned organizations are among the leading suppliers of scholarships.
Through the Central Schemes section of the National Scholarship Portal, you can submit an application for any scholarship that the federal government is currently offering.
UGC Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
MHRD oversees the University Grants Commission (UGC), a well-known statutory entity of the Indian government (Ministry of Human Resource Development).
It was founded with the intention of coordinating, establishing, and upholding the standards of higher education in India. It is the organization that grants recognition and financial support to universities all over India. In addition, the UGC provides a number of scholarship programs for students pursuing a college education.
AICTE Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
The All India Council for Technical Education, known as the national council for technical education and a statutory organization, is a division of the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s Department of Higher Education. AICTE has been in operation since 1945 and is responsible for the coordinated growth and appropriate planning of India’s technical and management education systems.
AICTE not only approves postgraduate and undergraduate programs that fall into certain categories, but it also provides students with a number of scholarships to make sure that money worries don’t get in the way of their professional success. Please refer to the list below for the names of those NSP scholarships.
State Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
The state government provides scholarships for students who are residents of that state, much like the federal government does. Some state governments prefer to invite applications through the National Scholarship Portal, even though many state governments have their own portal for scholarships.
The national scholarship portal currently offers access to state programs from six distinct states: Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Karnataka, Meghalaya, and Arunachal Pradesh.
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2023 – How can one apply for a scholarship?
You must register on NSP using Student NSP Login if you want to continue to benefit from the aforementioned scholarships. The students must confirm that their present educational institution is listed on the portal before applying for a scholarship, though.
The student will not be able to submit an application for any scholarship if the institution is not listed on the site. The webpage also offers the option for institutions to register themselves, if they haven’t done so before.
What procedures must be performed in order to apply for a scholarship? Well! Here is a detailed explanation of how to use the national scholarship portal to submit an application for an NSP scholarship.
Step 1: Searching for the Institute
- Visit the portal’s home page.
- Select “Search for Institute” from the menu.
- Enter the necessary information to obtain the list of institutions.
- The candidates can click here to ask their institutions to register on the site if they are not already doing so.
Step 2: Signing up for a National Scholarship Portal account (NSP)
- To register, all new users must go to the National Scholarship Portal’s home page.
- Select “New Registration.”
- It will open a page with instructions for registering on NSP.
- Read the instructions thoroughly.
- To continue, click “Continue.”
- Include the necessary information.
- Then click “Register.”
- A student application ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number for you.
Step 3: Logging in with the NSP or the National Scholarship Portal
- To begin the scholarship application, select the login option.
- Application ID and password must be entered using your registered phone number.
Read Also: University of New Brunswick Acceptance Rate
Step 4: Change the password (A mandatory step)
- You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number after successfully logging in.
- Check the OTP.
- You will be sent to the password change page.
- Change your password now and carry on.
Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
- After changing the password, you will be taken to the applicant’s dashboard page.
- To begin the application, click on “Application Form.”
- Complete all registration, academic, and basic information.
Then select “Save & Continue.”
- Contact information, plan information, and required papers should be uploaded.
- Select “Save as Draft” (To confirm if you have entered the correct information)
- After verification, use the “Final Submit” button.
- Applications that are ultimately submitted cannot be changed again. Because no changes to the information submitted will be accepted after final submission, candidates are urged to double-check their answers before clicking on final submission.
Key Documents Needed for the National Scholarship Portal 2023 (NSP)
Students must upload specific papers to complete the application process for any scholarship they apply for on NSP.
However, students are not required to upload any documents for NSP scholarships worth less than INR 50,000. They must deliver a copy of the documents to their respective colleges, universities, or other institutions. The following papers should be readily available for any other scholarships.
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
Key Services for the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
In addition to allowing users to apply for scholarships, the portal offers a number of other services to both students and schools. The ‘Services Section’ of the NSP site contains a list of all the services accessible to users. The essential services under this heading are as follows:
- NSP 2.0 user guide – To familiarize people with the NSP workflow. The comprehensive registration and application process will be explained to the pupils.
- Scheme eligibility – In this part, students can sort the scholarship programs according to their unique needs.
- They must enter their home state or UT, course level, religion, caste or category, gender, parent’s annual income, status of disability, and captcha code.
- State Nodal Officers for each plan: Students can search the list of state nodal offices under this area based on the application scheme they want to apply for. For instance, if you are submitting an application for a UGC scheme, you can check the state nodal offices’ information in the “UGC” section.
- Know your AISHE Code: Using this service, students can look out the AISHE codes of colleges, universities, and other institutions that are listed on NSP by entering the institution type, state, district, and university type (not mandatory)
- Get an AISHE Code for Your Institute – This section enables institutions that are not yet registered on the portal to do so by completing the provided form.
- List of candidates who have been given scholarships – View the list of candidates who have been chosen for the scholarship in this area. To obtain pertinent information, users must choose the academic year, application type, ministry, scheme, state, and district.
- Nodal Officer search information – In this area, you may find information on the nodal officers for each ministry, state, or district.
- Details list for the district nodal officer Students can explore the district-by-district list of nodal officers in this area.
Trust you found our article on National Scholarship Portal 2023 NSP/ How to Registerhelpful. follow our website for more interesting articles.