MSc Agriculture: Syllabus, Colleges, and Scope in 2023: The agriculture industry has seen remarkable expansion as a result of the advances made in science and technology.
Numerous institutions throughout the world currently offer a wide variety of in-depth Agriculture courses at all academic levels, from bachelor’s to doctoral, with roots in many different industries.
Even while undergraduate programs develop a strong conceptual understanding, pursuing a master’s program is necessary to advance in the field.
MSc Agriculture is one example of such a course. So, we’ve compiled all the necessary details about this course, its objectives, and the academic institutions you might want to investigate in one blog.
|Full-form||Master of Science in Agriculture|
|Duration||1.5- 2 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related fields like Horticulture or Forestry from a recognized institution along with required entrance exam for India and Abroad|
|Job Positions||Research Scientist, Corporate Sales Manager, Breeder, Agronomist, Farm Manager, Lecturer/Professor and Field Officer|
|Top Recruiters||Monsanto India, Bayer Crop Science,Coromandel Fertilizers, Buhler India, etc|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000- 3,00,000 PA|
What does MSc Agriculture mean?
MSc Agriculture is a post-graduate degree that lasts for one to two years and keeps students up to date with agricultural development and associated scientific advancements.
In addition to teaching scientific knowledge about agriculture and farming, the course emphasizes biochemistry, plant biology, plant management, and agricultural machinery. The degree program also includes industry training/dissertation projects to offer additional opportunities for practical experience.
Read Also:Free Tuition Universities in Norway for International Students
Agriculture is a broad field that includes anything from animal husbandry to plant pathology. You might choose to focus on management and marketing modules in addition to courses that will help you launch a career in research.
The following is a list of some of the most common specializations available for MSc Agriculture:
|Agricultural Botany||Agricultural Microbiology||Agricultural Chemistry|
|Natural Resources||Plant Breeding & Genetics||Food Innovation|
|Soil Science||Forestry||Food Science & Technology|
|Farming System Management||Horticulture Mycology||Tea Husbandry|
|Ecological Economics||Poultry Science||Wildlife Forensics|
|Global Food Security and Nutrition||Animal Welfare and Conservation||Equine Science|
|Organic Agriculture||Agriculture and Development||Rural Development|
|Forestry||Dairy Science||Fisheries Science|
Agriculture MSc Syllabus
Here is the MSc Agriculture-related course syllabus, broken down by year.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Plant Breeding & Genetics||Horticulture|
|Plant Physiology||Agricultural Economics & Farm Management|
|Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry||Plant Pathology|
|Food Science & Technology||Forestry|
Alternative Well-liked Topics
There are numerous topics covered during the course because it is such a broad field of study. Other disciplines are given as electives, while some are required. Several of the main topics covered in the MSc Agriculture course curriculum are listed below in a table.
|Agronomy||Agricultural Botany||Agricultural Economics|
|Extension Education||Animal Husbandry||Dairy Science|
|Crop Production||Agricultural Meteorology||Harvest Technology|
|Agricultural Entomology||Horticulture||Plant Pathology|
|Soil Science||Agriculture Chemistry||Food Sustainability|
|Gene Modification and||Seed Technology||Marketing Management
MSc in Agriculture Eligibility Requirements
Here are some general requirements you must meet in order to enroll in an MSc Agriculture program, while the eligibility requirements differ from university to university.
- A bachelor’s degree in something like BSc in Agriculture or a version thereof from a reputable institution or university with the minimum grades required by the relevant university.
- valid results from English language proficiency tests such as the IELTS or TOEFL
While some universities require GRE scores as a requirement, others do not.
- Work experience may potentially be a requirement for admission to the MSc Agriculture program, however, it is not required.
- In addition, SOP, LORs, transcripts, and an updated CV/resume must be sent.
- You could require the same prerequisites for a UG degree in addition to a strong performance on the admission exam if you want to pursue this degree in India.
Exams for MSc Agriculture in 2021
Here is a list of admission tests you would need to pass in order to enroll in an MSc Agriculture program in India:
- ICAR AIEEA
- GRICET 2021
- PAU MET
- MCAER PG CET
Universities Offering MSc in Agriculture Abroad
Now that you are familiar with the fundamental information about the program, let’s quickly review some of the renowned colleges and universities that offer the MSc Agriculture program or one of its related specializations.
- University of Hull
- University of British Columbia
- The University of Queensland
- University of Glasgow
- University of Nottingham
- The University of Western Australia
- Lincoln University
- University of Canterbury
- The University of Adelaide
- Macquarie University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Curtin University
- The University of Otago
- The Australian National University
Link To Msc Agriculture Website
MSc Agriculture Colleges in India
- University of Calcutta
- Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana
- Anand Agriculture University
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Junagadh Agriculture University
- Chandigarh University
- Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University, Guntur
- Shivaji University
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Science University
- University of Madras
- Christ University
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- 20 Daily used English Words: with Meaning
- Top Courses After 12th Commerce
- Different Types of Plants: by Life Cycle, Seeds & Size
- 10 Top Free Online Ministry Degrees
- 7 Free Online Pentecostal Bible Colleges
- 10 free online courses for teenagers
- 10 Free Honorary Doctorate Degrees Online
MSc Agriculture Private Colleges in India
- Shoolini University
- Chandigarh University
- College of Agriculture, Central Agricultural University
- Calcutta University
- Lovely Professional University
- Apex University
- Maharishi Markandeshwar UniversityAcharya N. G. Ranga
- Agricultural University
- Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Agriculture Career Scope for MSc
After completing the MSc Agriculture programme, you will have a wide range of career options to consider because agriculture is such a broad topic of study. The following are some of the key professions and profiles you can pursue:
- Fruit Orchards
- Agricultural Production Centres
- Cotton, Jute, Tobacco Companies
- Educational Institutes
- Coffee and Rubber Plantations
- Fertilizer Companies
- National Seed Companies
- FMCG Companies
- Agriculture & Rural Development National Banks
- Pesticide Control Centres
- Research and Development Centres
- Tea Gardens
Read Also: Johns Hopkins University Scholarships for International Students | Apply Now
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Research Scientist
- Field Officer
- Farm Manager
- Senior Research Associate
- Business Development Executive
- Agriculture Scientist
- Marketing Executive
- Rice Breeder
- Senior Agriculture Specialist
- Agriculture Technician
- Seed Technologist
Agriculture MSc Salary
After earning your MSc in Agriculture, you can expect to make an average salary of between INR 2,000 and 3,000 per annum. On the other hand, those who want to start their own firm can make a range of incomes.
MSc Agriculture Colleges in Delhi
- Amity University
- Lovely Professional University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- National Dairy Research Institute
- SGT University
- School of Agricultural Sciences
- National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- Central Board of Irrigation and Power – CBIP
- Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – GGSIPU
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research – ICAR
Read Also: 10 Cheapest Universities in Italy for International Students
MSc Agriculture Colleges in UP
- UP College Varanasi – Udai Pratap Autonomous College
- Naini Agricultural Institute, Allahabad
- Shri Murli Manohar Town Post Graduate College, Ballia
- Raja Balwant Singh College, Agra
- Kulbhaskar Ashram Degree College, Allahabad
- Nandini Nagar Mahavidyalaya, Nawabganj
- Ram Lalit Singh Mahavidyalaya, Mirzapur
- Rashtriya Kisan Post Graduate College, Shamli
- Ranjit Singh Memorial PG College, Dhampur
- National Post Graduate College, Barahalganj
Trust you found our article on MSc Agriculture: Syllabus, Colleges, and Scope in 2023 helpful. follow our website for more interesting articles.