The Joint Japan and World Bank graduate scholarship for developing countries is offered by the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC), which supports the organization’s aim of developing innovative strategies for capacity building and knowledge exchange in developing countries.
It is a crucial part of the World Bank’s initiatives to support economic growth and shared prosperity by funding human resource development, capacity building, and education in the developing countries.
Since 1982, the DEC’s scholarship programs have contributed to the formation of a pool of more than 6,000 development experts and scholars, altering their nations and having a beneficial impact on future generations.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Colleges for Plastic Surgery
Brief Overview Of The Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
- Deadline: 28 Feb/26 May 2023 (annual)
- Study in: selected Countries
- Course starts: MAY 2023-2024
- Target group: Developing country nationals of World Bank Member Countries
Institutions/Programs That Serve As Hosts For The Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
For Participating Programs at colleges in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan, JJWBGSP offers scholarships.
Scholarship Worth, Components, and Length For The Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
The benefits of a JJWBGSP scholarship include tuition, a monthly living allowance, round-trip travel expenses, health insurance, and travel reimbursement.
The scholarships are for the lesser of two years or the length of the graduate program.
Eligibility Requirement For The Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
The candidate must satisfy the following prerequisites:
- Be a citizen of a nation on this list that is a World Bank member;
- Not possess dual citizenship with any advanced nation;
- Have a healthy body;
- Own a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree that was acquired at least three years before the deadline for applications;
- Possess at least three years of recent job experience in development after receiving a Bachelor’s (or comparable) degree;
- Have a paid, full-time job doing development-related work at the time the scholarship application is submitted. possess a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) that you earned no more than 3 years ago and that you obtained no more than 6 years prior to the application deadline.
- Be accepted unconditionally (barring funding) on or before the scholarship application deadline date to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs that is situated outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed when the call for scholarship applications opens. Before submitting your application, you must upload the letter of admission.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, or staff member of any World Bank Group appointment, or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption, with the term “close relative” being defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-Sister, Brother, Half-Brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Application Guidelines For The Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
You must first apply and be unconditionally accepted for admission to at least one of the Participating Programs in order to be eligible for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship. YOU MUST UPLOAD AN UNCONDITIONAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM A PARTICIPATING MASTER’S PROGRAM in your application. Once the scholarship is available, applications are submitted online. Depending on the participating program, there are 2 application windows:
- How to Become a UX/UI Designer
- How to Get United Airlines Student Discount in 2023
- Best Good Night Quotes For a Quieter Sleep 2023 Update
- Learn How To Teach English In Colombia | 2023 Updated
Scholarship Batches At The Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Batch 1 of applications
Beginning at 12:00 Washington time on January 16, 2023, and ending on February 28, 2023
Applications are being accepted for JJWBGSP Participating Programs through Window #1.
Batch 2 of applications
Between March 27 and May 26, 2023, at noon, Washington time
Applications are being accepted for JJWBGSP Participating Programs through Window #2.
Visit the Application Guidelines official website (link provided below) as soon as possible for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
Trust you found our article on Joint Japan And World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries 2023/2024 follow our website for more interesting articles.