Welcome to Scholarship Hall 1 year Masters Programs in Canada for International Students. For students from all over the world, Canada has quickly become one of the most popular Study Abroad destinations. Currently, Canada has over 6 lakh international students studying in undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of disciplines from over 200 countries around the world. The affordability and educational quality of Canada are the main reasons for its popularity. Canada’s degree programs are internationally renowned for their brilliance. International students are drawn to Canada because of its ethnically diverse and multicultural student community as well as its high living standards.
In order to better their job prospects and stay in Canada after graduation, international students enroll in master’s degrees in Canada. Due to time and budgetary constraints, international students opt to pursue one-year master’s degrees in Canada in subjects such as business, marketing, architecture, engineering, dentistry, medicine, law, and so on. Canada is ranked third in the world for international students’ access to the best master’s degree programs. In comparison to other English-speaking countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States, tuition fees in Canada are the lowest.
Why Study 1 year Masters Programs in Canada?
Over 6 lakh international students from more than 200 countries study in Canada. International students love Canada because of the high quality of education and low cost of living. Several of the world’s best institutions are located in Canada, with undergraduate and graduate degree programs available. In Canada, a one-year master’s degree is a popular choice among overseas students. Some of the reasons why international students choose to pursue a one-year master’s degree in Canada are listed below:
- A one-year master’s degree in Canada is significantly less expensive than a traditional master’s degree in Canada.
- International students receive a high-quality education at a low cost. For international students, Canada provides good employment circumstances and a learning environment.
- Some of the top universities in the world are located in Canada, with degree programs in media, politics, medicine, and technology.
- For international students, the immigration and visa process in Canada is simple and uncomplicated, and Canadians are courteous and hospitable to students from all over the world.
- For international students, a one-year master’s degree in Canada offers a cost-effective study choice. In Canada, students can save money on tuition and living expenses.
- The research-based curriculum of the one-year master’s program in Canada leads to practical experience through industry placements, internships, and co-op placements.
- International students can work part-time while studying in Canada with the help of a student visa. Students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week on or off-campus.
- Students who have finished a one-year master’s degree in Canada are entitled to apply for a work permit after graduation. This gives students the opportunity to work in Canada for the same amount of time as their program.
Read also: 13 Best Film schools in Texas | Rankings
Prerequisites for 1 year masters programs in Canada
International students who wish to enroll in one-year post-graduate courses in Canada must meet additional entrance requirements. Students with a strong academic record and a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline are qualified for admission to the majority of Canada’s one-year master’s programs. Other admission requirements for international students wishing to take one-year postgraduate courses in Canada are listed below:
- At the bachelor’s level of education, international students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.
- Depending on the topic of study, students may be required to take a Postgraduate Entrance Test.
- Admission is contingent on the results of various assessments, such as the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Registration Review (GRE).
- International students should also submit their TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, and other English language competency exam results.
- For admission to one-year master’s programs in Canada, students must submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LOR).
- Students enrolled in bilingual courses must pass equivalent assessments to demonstrate their French ability.
Top rated 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada for Citizens and International Students
In Canada, one-year master’s programs are available in a variety of subjects, including finance, computer science, marketing, and law. Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Engineering, Master of Business Administration, and other one-year master’s degrees are available in Canada. For international students, 1-year masters programs in Canada are offered with equal emphasis on traditional study and hands-on experience in order for students to master the needed skills in a short amount of time.
For international students in Canada, there are numerous co-op education courses ranging from the general one-year master’s program to the general one-year master’s program. Students enrolling in these one-year master’s programs in Canada participate in unique and specialized projects in order to obtain the abilities needed to succeed in the business sector. The following are some of the most popular one-year master’s programs in Canada for overseas students:
- Master of Engineering in Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management
- MA in Sociology
- Master in Administracion de Justicia
- Master of Digital Media
- Master of Management in Finance (MMF)
- MSc in Financial Analytics
- Master of Global Management
- MBA in Global Banking and Finance
- Master of International Business
Best Universities That Offer 1 year Masters Programs in Canada
Some of the world’s best universities are located in Canada, and international students from all over the world can take one-year post-graduate courses there. The degree programs offered by these Canadian universities are internationally recognized and provide students with work prospects all around the world. Some of the greatest universities in Canada that offer one-year master’s degrees to overseas students, along with their world rankings, are included below:
|University of Toronto||25|
|University of British Columbia||45|
|University of Montreal||118|
|University of Alberta||119|
|University of Waterloo||166|
|Trinity Western University||203|
|University of Calgary||246|
|University of Ottawa||279|
Trust you enjoyed our article on 1 year Masters Programs in Canada for International Students follow our website for more related articles.