A new generation of multimillionaires has emerged as money and fame have become linked with sports. Our focus is on highest paid sport in the world.
One can only imagine how tough it is for athletes to participate in a sport that values their efforts and pays them well for their labor given that there are more than 8000 different sports in the globe and also highest paid sport in the world
How accurate is the long-held belief that a sport’s popularity does not always equate to financial reward for its participants and players?
Here are the top 10 highest paid sport in the world of 2022, as determined by the most recent data.
List Of Highest Paid Sport In The World
Here are the list of highest paid sport in the world
Basketball has the prestigious highest paid sport in the world.
The extremely well-liked sport, which was developed in the USA but is now well-known throughout the world, continues to produce billionaires. One of the best highest paid sport in the world sports leagues in the world is the National Basketball Association (NBA), a well-known basketball competition.
The participants’ teams pay them staggering amounts of money. Additionally, they make millions of dollars through their sponsorship contracts. If you’re curious about which sport generates the most revenue.
The NBA’s highest paid sport in the world basketball players are;
- Stephen Curry of Golden State Warriors who earns $43,006,362 million
- Russell Westbrook -Washington Wizards $41,358,814 million
- Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns- $41,358,814 million
- James Harden,Brooklyn Nets- $41,254,920 million
- John Wall, Houston Rockets- $41,254,920 million
- Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets- $40,108,950 million
- LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers- $39,219,565 million
- Paul George, LA Clippers- $35,450,412 million
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors- $35,361,360 million
- Mike Conley, Utah Jazz- $34,502,130
Read Also: Top Medical Schools in Texas 2022
Boxing is the second highest paid sport in the world, after soccer. Boxers truly deserve to be paid what they are when they enter the squared circle since boxing is a very dangerous sport that honors the great skill of self-defense.
The sport has brought in a lot of money for people like Floyd Mayweather Jr., Mike Tyson, Oscar Dela Hoya, and others despite the hard-hitting punches.
On Sportico’s list of the Top 100 highest paid sport in the world athletes between June 2020 and May of this year, Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez came in at number 12.
With Anthony Joshua and YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul apparently just outside the Top 100, the Mexican star is the lone boxer on the list.
Golf is another highest paid sport in the world. The best paid sport in 2022 is club and ball, which comes in at number four overall.
In 2022, Mr. Tiger Woods will continue to earn the most money in golf, according to Forbes.
Sportico.com estimates Mr. Woods’ annual earnings to be a staggering $62 million.
According to the report, only 29% of the $300 million earned by the top 10 golfers in the past year came from prize money.
The other highest-paid golfer is Phil Mickelson, who earned $46.1 million. Rory McIlroy earned $32.8 million, Dustin Johnson $40.8 million, and Jordan Spieth $29.6 million. Bryson DeChambeau, Xander Schauffele, and Justin Thomas each received $20.3 million.
Professional golfers are thought to make an average salary of $628,079.
When talking about highest paid sport in the world soccer will be mention. The sport that is regarded as the most well-liked and difficult sport on planet, soccer, has once again made the list of highest paid sport in the world in 2022.
Due to the large salaries they frequently sign, soccer players are infamous for their excess.
Famous people like English football player David Beckham, who earned $28 million in all, once rated eighth on Forbes’ list of the highest-paid athletes in 2004.
The highest-paid soccer player in the world right now, according to Forbes, is kylian Mbappe of PSG FC.
With a $200 million salary for the 2022 season, Cristiano Ronaldo follows in second and is closely behind him.
- 10 Most Dangerous Men In The World In 2022
- List Of 10 Best Universities in China for International Students
- 15 Free Government Certificate Online and Courses
- Is Electric Utilities Central A Good Career Path? 2022
- 15 Best Website To Watch Movies In Theatres For Free In 2022
- 25 Free Online Courses In Canada With Certificates
- Best Typescript Courses Online in 2022
5. Vehicle Racing
Vehicle Racing is one of the highest paid sport in the world in 2022 are all related to auto racing.
High risk, high reward is the watchword of auto racing drivers who simply cannot cut their salary, especially with a number of racing events held each year, like the Indianapolis 500, Formula 1 Grand Prix, NASCAR, and NASCAR.
Lewis Hamilton, a well-known British racer and former F1 champion, will receive the highest salary in 2022. The 36-year-old just agreed to a 55 million USD one-year contract deal with Mercedes.
Fernando Alonso takes over at second base after him. Fernando Alonso, a two-time champion from Spain, is said to make USD$20,500,000 annually.
Other drivers who are making a fortune of this sport are
- Charles Leclerc, Ferrari ($16.5m)
- Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin – £12m ($16.5m)Daniel Ricciardo.
- McLaren – £11m ($15m)
- Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes – £7.5m ($10.5m)
- Kimi Raikkonen, Alfa Romeo – £6.5m ($9.5m)
- Carlos Sainz. Ferrari – £6m ($8.5m)
- Lance Stroll, Aston Martin – £6m ($8.5m)
- Sergio Perez. Red Bull – £5.5m ($8m)
- Lando Norris, McLaren – £3.5 ($5m)
- Pierre Gasly. Alpha Tauri – £3.5m ($5m)
- Esteban Ocon, Alpine – £3m ($4.2m)
6. U.S. football or American Football
American football will finally win its proper spot on the highest paid sport in the world in 2022, giving fans of the National Football League (NFL) cause for celebration.
Many people will view the fact that these players’ earnings are increasing as appropriate given how demanding this sport is.
32 NFL players now earn at least $20 million a season in average annual salary, according to the most recent analysis by overthecap.com.
The quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes, earns the most money in the league. Mahomes’ contract, which he signed prior to the 2020 season, pays him an average of $45 million per season.
One of the most popular sports in America is baseball. Due to its widespread acceptance, it is also one of the highest paid sport in the world.
For instance, American baseball player Cecil Fielder earned a total of $12.7 million in 1993, making him the eighth richest person in the world, according to Forbes.
Read Also: List Of 10 Hardest Exams in the US
Tennis is up next.
Tennis players rank among the highest paid sport in the world and is considered by many to be one of the most popular recreational sports practiced by millions of people worldwide.
This information might not come as a surprise given that studies have shown tennis to be the second-most physically demanding activity, pushing your stamina to the maximum.
You can see why it is a well-paid sport in this light. The Legendary Roger Federer will make the most money in tennis in 2022, per a Forbes study.
Federer has currently made $52 million via endorsement deals with numerous businesses, including Nike, Rolex, and Credit Suisse.
In addition, Federer earned $4.2 million in prize money this year, bringing his total earnings to a whopping $56.2 million.
Serena Williams, Rafal Nadal, and Novak Djokovic are a few other well-known tennis players who earn a lot of money.
9. Ice Hockey
Ice hockey is ranked ninth on the list of the highest paid sport in the world in 2022. The skaters do not sprint on the ice with a vulcanized rubber puck for nothing; the game is known to its devotees as the quickest game on planet. They receive excellent pay.
The tournament includes, among others, the National Hockey League (NHL), the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the Ice Hockey World Championship.
Matthews’ total revenue is increased to $16 million by an estimated $3 million in income from sponsorships, memorabilia, and licensing.
Auston Matthews will earn the most money in the NHL in 2022, according to Forbes. The center for the Toronto Maple Leafs is paid $13 million annually.
Cycling is listed at number ten on the list of highest paid sport in the world.
This physical activity involves intense competition. It is significant to remember that there are various types of bicycle competition, including road racing, time trials, cyclo-cross, mountain bike competition, track cycling, BMX, and cycle speedway.
Creative cycling, cycle polo, freestyle BMX, and mountain bike trials are among the non-racing cycling activities.
There are more than 15 cycling competitions held annually. You may rest guaranteed that well-known cyclists will earn a sizable sum of money at races like the Tour de France, Tour of Flanders, Milan-Sanremo, and Strade Bianche.
The majority of these riders also earn a sizable sum of money via endorsement agreements.
According to reports, the famous cyclist Lance Armstrong is worth $50 million.
The ten most valued basketball teams in the world are listed below.
- 10th-ranked Toronto Raptor; worth $2.15 billion
- Dallas Maverick; $2.45 billion in market value
- Houston Rocket; estimated value of $2.50 billion
- Value of Brooklyn Net: $2.65 billion
- Los Angeles Clippers; estimated worth of $2.75 billion US
- Boston Celtics; estimated worth: $3.2 billion
- US$3.3 billion value of the Chicago Bulls
- Los Angeles Lakers; $4.6 billion in market value
- The Golden State Warriors are worth $4.7 billion.
- New York Knicks; $5 billion in market value
The top 10 sports athletes in the world according to Forbes for 2022 are also listed.
- $180 million for Conor McGregor in the UFC
- Lionel Messi of Barcelona is valued around $130 million.
- Juventus paid Cristiano Ronaldo $120 million.
- $107.5 million for Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
- Los Angeles Lakers and LeBron James: $96.5 million
- Paris Saint-Germain paid $95 million for Neymar.
- Tennis star Roger Federer makes $90 million.
- $82 million for Lewis Hamilton, F1
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tom Brady: $76 million
- Brooklyn Nets with Kevin Durant: $75 million
Read Also: 7 Best React Native Online Courses To Take
Trust you found our article on What is The Highest Paid Sport In The World? 10 Best In 2022 helpful. follow our website for more interesting articles.