The NNPC SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme 2021 for young Nigerian Students is open to eligible undergraduate students enrolled in NUC-accredited courses at Nigerian universities.
Obtaining a scholarship that covers your tuition and living expenses can help you avoid dropping out and not receiving the degree you desire.
Receiving the NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship means more time for studying and learning, which can lead to improved grades and knowledge retention, as well as increased possibilities of continuing on to graduate school, by applying for it and eliminating financial difficulties.
NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship
Before you begin the nnpc snepco scholarship application, make sure you read all of the information in the following sections.
NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship: An Overview
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), and other co-venture partners are accepting applications for the National University NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship Programme in 2020.
The program’s goal is to encourage academic success while also assisting young Nigerians in developing their abilities. It provides a yearly grant to qualified students from their second year until the end of their undergraduate degree program.
The NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship is renewable till the student completes his or her studies. Recipients must adhere to high academic and ethical standards, as well as the extra terms and conditions listed in the scholarship award letter.
Full-time undergraduates studying in Nigerian universities are eligible for nnpc snepco scholarship on merit-base.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the program:
- Be Nigerian citizens and
- in their second year of full-time study at a Nigerian Federal or State University authorized by the National Universities Commission to be considered for the program (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale
- Have not received any other scholarship (National or International)
Female applicants are also strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants who have already applied for the scholarship, on the other hand, are not eligible to apply this year.
If you withdraw from one course and switch to another of the same term after receiving the scholarship, it will not affect your award. If the withdrawal results in a longer school session, the scholarship will be impacted. Make sure to inform the Scholarship Coordinator of the change.
Furthermore, any agreement relating to the scholarship award shall become null and void if you do not meet the academic standards for your course, or if you are no longer a registered student at the university, or if you choose not to accept the offer.
As a general rule, scholarship renewal is contingent on sufficient academic advancement. However, each student’s case will be carefully reviewed, taking into account their unique circumstances.
How to Apply for NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship
A verified personal email account and phone number are required for all applicants. Candidates that meet the requirements should apply online https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCohere. Then, in the application, candidates should submit personal and educational information.
- Academic results for the 2018/2019 Academic Session at the 100 level;
- Letter of Identification from the State of Origin identifying the applicant’s local government of origin;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) where applicable;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter; and
- Recent passport-sized image of the candidate in JPEG format, not exceeding 200kb;
Follow the steps outlined below to apply. Please be aware that submitting numerous applications will result in the Scholarship Board disqualifying you. As a result, make sure you only submit 1 (one) form under your name.
- Go to the “Apply Now” tab.
- To create an account, click “Register Now.”
- Activate your account by going to your email box.
- To return to the scholarship portal, go to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo.
- To upload your information, enter your registered email address and password.
- Input your personal information, NIN (if applicable), educational information, and other information, as well as any relevant scanned documents.
- Make sure the names on all documents are in the same order as the names on the applications. If necessary, include a sworn affidavit or certificate.
- Check all documents after they’ve been uploaded to make sure they’re clear and accurate.
- When prompted to upload a photo, choose a white-background passport photo.
- To avoid mistakes, double-check the application’s details.
- To submit details, click “Apply Now.” After that, you’ll get an email and a text message confirming that your application was successful.
- Go back to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/, input your email and password to download your profile, and have your department head sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile for verification purposes.
- If your National Identification Number (NIN) was not accessible in step 6, follow these steps to get your NIN:
To register and learn more about the National Identity Number, go to http://ninenrol.gov.ng.
- Fill in the relevant fields and click “Create Account.”
- To complete the form, log in with your email address and password.
- Schedule a time for the photo and finger print capture when you’ve finished.
- To finish the registration procedure and acquire your National Identity Number, go to any of the 37 capture centers listed at www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm
- You can also complete your total registration at the NIMC office.
Finally, go back to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and complete the application by adding your National Identification Number (NIN)..
You will not be able to apply through an agent or a SNEPCo representative in your university or community. For the avoidance of dispute, with relation to the SNEPCo National Merit University scholarship program, SNEPCo has not authorized any person or organization to act on its behalf.
In the adverts, prospective candidates are guided on how to submit their applications. These applications are processed by the scholarship board, and the results are notified to the candidates directly.
We highly encourage you to properly preserve your application details, log out of your account before turning off the computer system, and remove your personal information from public computers.
On or before October 31, 2021 applications must be submitted. Please send your applications in plenty of time before the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed of the examination date. SNEPCo reserves the right of candidate selection and shortlisting.
For further inquiries regarding the NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship scheme, reach out to the described contact details below:
- For inquiries: [email protected]
- Follow on Twitter @Shell_Nigeria for regular update
The official webpage for the NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship can be found here.