Welcome to our Platform today, we have the full detailed list of 13 College Scholarships for Students with Autism packaged for you in this article, so follow accordingly to obtain all the information you need to start your career.
Autism, commonly known as Autism Spectrum Illness (ASD), is a developmental disorder in which a person’s capacity to communicate and interact is impaired. The neurological system is impacted, making social connections difficult, as well as compulsive interests and repetitive behavior.
The main cause of autism is thought to be a genetic disease, which is treated with therapy. It starts in childhood and, if caught early enough, can be addressed with educational and behavioral interventions. There is no cure for it, and it never completely goes away; these treatments just serve to moderate the symptoms.
Some persons with autism are unable to communicate in the same way that others do; they hardly speak, are unable to maintain eye contact, and are unable to socialize with other children. Some autistic people, on the other hand, can do some of these activities to a degree.
Some kind-hearted people have decided to form foundations and charitable organizations to grant college scholarships for students with autism because of these unique individuals. Students with autism can apply for general scholarships for disabled persons, but these are the specific scholarships for autistic people.
These college grants for autistic students help to expand the possibilities available to kids and adults with the disorder, allowing them to pursue higher education.
- Top 10 Stanford Online Masters
- Discover Top 10 Designated Learning Institutions in Canada
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship Application
- What Are The 12 Ivy League Schools and Their Ranking?
Top 13 College Scholarships for Students with Autism
From Here Down Is The Full Detailed List Of Top 13 College Scholarships for Students with Autism
1. Autism Delaware Scholarships
Autism Delaware Scholarships is rated the first of all other College Scholarships for Students with Autism.
Autism Delaware is a non-profit organization based in the state of Delaware. The organization was founded by parents who shared the common experience of having a child with autism in order to equip students with autism with the financial means they need to pursue their chosen career at a higher education institution.
The Autism Delaware Association offers two types of college scholarships for autistic students:
- The Daniel and Lois Gray Memorial Scholarship is given to an autistic student who wishes to pursue an autism-related degree at the University of Delaware. The scholarship has a $1,000 value.
- Adult with Autism Scholarship: The Autism Delaware organization is offering its second scholarship. Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder who live in Delaware and want to pursue a college or post-secondary education are eligible for this award.
2. Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism
This is the second top rated of all the College Scholarships for Students with Autism. The Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship is one of the College Scholarships for Students with Autism that The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. awards each year to students who have been diagnosed with autism or have a close family who has the illness. The scholarship is worth $5,000, and there are several prerequisites to meet in order to receive it.
An essay of at least 500 words and a maximum of 1000 words, as well as an official or unofficial academic transcript, must be written by the applicant while enrolled or about to enroll at an authorized institution or university.
3. Organization for Autism Research (OAR)
At the third in our list of College Scholarships for Students with Autism we have this Organization for Autism Research (OAR).
The Schwallie family formed the Organization for Autism Research (OAR), a charitable organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The charity can give college scholarships for students with autism thanks to donations from the family and other board members.
The Schwallie Family Funding and the Lisa Higgins Hussman Scholarship are two scholarship choices available to students with autism through OAR.
- Schwallie Family Scholarship: The Schwallie family was instrumental in establishing the OAR, which now gives college scholarships to autistic students. The award is for students pursuing any degree program at a two- or four-year higher education school.
- The Lisa Higgins Hussman Scholarship: OAR offers college scholarships to students who have autism or who suffer daily challenges as a result of their autism. Students enrolling in a two-year university, life skills or post-secondary programs, or vocational, technical, or trade institutions are all supported.
You must be diagnosed with autism, present documentation of diagnosis, and plan to attend a recognized higher education institution in the United States to be eligible for any of OAR’s college scholarships for students with autism.
4. KFM Making A Difference
KFM Making A Difference is the fourth in our list of College Scholarships for Students with Autism.
The KFM Making A Difference is a nonprofit organization whose main purpose is to make a helpful or positive difference in the lives of persons living with autism, as its name implies. As part of its mission to make a difference, the charity offers college scholarships to autistic students.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
- Students with autism in high school who desire to attend a post-secondary institution
- Students with autism who are enrolled in college
- All future and present college students with autism in the United States and throughout the world are invited to apply.
The award is worth $500 and will be used to help students pay for their further education.
The application for the KFM scholarship also necessitates the submission of a few papers.
- A cover letter that comprises a 250-word profile, the higher education program accepted or presently attending, such as college, community college, or a vocational program, and so on. Your entire name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as your autism diagnosis and age at which you were diagnosed.
- Essay plus three photos that you’d want to use in your essay
5. Percy Martinez Autism Scholarship
Here is the fifth in our list of College Scholarships for Students with Autism. Percy Martinez is a well-known lawyer in the state of Florida, United States, who offers college scholarships to autistic students. Percy offers this scholarship to help students with autism pay for their studies while also helping to raise the next generation of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
6. Autism Research Texas (ART)
At the sixth top rated of all the College Scholarships for Students with Autism we have this Autism Research Texas (ART).
Autism Research is a Texas-based nonprofit dedicated to assisting people with autism in every manner possible. They do research and provide college scholarships to autistic kids to help them further their studies or train for jobs.
The scholarship is worth $500 and is awarded once a year, so if you miss out this year, you can still apply the next year. You must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- A Texan who has completed high school or obtained a GED and has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Has been accepted into a college, trade school, vocational training, university, or community college.
- A cover letter outlining why you are seeking post-secondary education and your employment goals.
- a transcript of grades
- You must have proof that you have Autism Spectrum Disorder.
7. Law Office of David P. Shapiro Autism Scholarship
This is the seventh top rated of all the College Scholarships for Students with Autism. In the last four years, the Law Office of David P. Shapiro has provided college scholarships to students with autism who wish to pursue their education at a higher level. The scholarship will be used to help pay for a portion of the recipient’s tuition at a college or vocational school.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must have confirmation of an ASD diagnosis and a plan to continue your education.
8. Kelly Law Team Autism Scholarship Contest
Here is the eighth in our list of College Scholarships for Students with Autism. The Kelly Law Team is giving $1,000 college scholarships to autistic students to help defray the costs of tuition and other fees associated with pursuing a higher education. The award was created to encourage these exceptional students to enroll in a college or vocational training program.
Applicants must be US citizens and submit an essay of up to 100 words outlining how continuing your education would help you achieve your career goals, as well as an optional essay of up to 1,000 words detailing how the Autism Spectrum Disorder has impacted your educational ambitions thus far.
9. Law Offices of David A. Black Autism Scholarship
Law Offices of David A. Black Autism Scholarship here makes up our ninth list of College Scholarships for Students with Autism.
The Law Offices of David A. Black is offering $1,000 college scholarships to autistic kids who want to further their education at any approved college or vocational school. This award will help these exceptional individuals achieve their academic goals.
10. Phoenix Attorneys Autism Scholarship Award
At the tenth best rated of all the College Scholarships for Students with Autism we have the Phoenix Attorneys Autism Scholarship Award.
This is a law company that enjoys aiding individuals with autism by providing scholarships that can be used to offset or minimize the cost of attending college, university, or vocational school. The scholarship is worth $1,000 and is available to citizens of the United States who desire to continue their study at a higher level.
11. Dentistry by John Barras, DDS Autism Scholarship
This is the scholarship program that is making up our eleventh list of top College Scholarships for Students with Autism. Students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder are eligible for this scholarship, which will be added to their college or university tuition. Dr. John Barras developed the scholarship to encourage students with autism to pursue their chosen career at a recognized higher education institution.
An essay of over 150 words and an optional essay of 800 words detailing how ASD has impacted your experience in achieving your educational goals are part of the admission requirements.
- Top 5 Best Universities in Canada Without Student Application Fee
- 12 Top Unclaimed Canadian Scholarships
- Top 10 Best Business Schools In Canada With Scholarships
- The 4 Best Universities In Canada To Study Structural Engineering
12. Incight Scholarship
Incight Scholarship is the second to last in our list of College Scholarships for Students with Autism. Students with autism, as well as those with other disabilities, can apply for college scholarships through Incight. It’s a general scholarship for people with disabilities who desire to attend an approved college, university, or vocational school.
Applicants must have been diagnosed with autism or another handicap and be a resident of Washington, Oregon, or California to be eligible for the Incight award. To obtain this prize, students must have exceptional academic performance as well as community involvement.
13. Varghese Summersett Autism Scholarship
Here we conclude our list of college Scholarships for Students with Autism. Varghese Summersett assists people with a variety of disabilities, including Down syndrome and autism. The award grants college scholarships to autistic students to help defray the costs of attending college, university, or vocational school.
Applicants must be 15 years old or younger and have a diagnosis of autism to be considered for the award.
Trust you found our article on Top 13 College Scholarships for Students with Autism helpful. Follow our website for more interesting articles.