Today we have this very topic 10 best Colleges in Louisiana to look at. Do you wish to further your studies at Louisiana, looking for the best institution to apply for?, or you wish to know the top best Colleges in Louisiana maybe for further plans, then this topic today is for you.
Patiently follow us to the last sentence to get all the necessary information that you really need about this very topic as we will deliver 100% of all possible FAQs based on this very topic (10 Best Colleges in Louisiana)today.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana’s state capital, is home to several of the state’s leading institutions, including Louisiana State University’s main campus.
Throughout the state, including the cities of Shreveport, Lafayette, and Monroe, there is a mix of large research universities, midrange colleges, and tiny liberal arts colleges.
Getting a bachelor’s degree used to be a means for students to differentiate themselves from the competition in a highly competitive employment market.
Attending one of best Colleges in Louisiana is a surefire way to achieve this. You will understand why you should consider attending the best universities in Louisiana as well as the top ten colleges in Louisiana in this post. Continue reading.
The Cost of Attending Best Colleges in Louisiana
The average tuition and fees for Colleges in Louisiana for the academic year 2020-2021 is $6,533 for in-state students and $15,577 for out-of-state students.
This is a lower figure than the national average. In-state students will pay $6,852 in 2021, while out-of-state students will pay $17,943.
Tulane University of Louisiana has the most costly tuition and fees in Louisiana, at $58,852, while Infinity College has the cheapest tuition and fees, at $585.
Why Should You Attend Best Colleges in Louisiana?
Although Louisiana has a large number of high-quality institutions, this isn’t the only reason you should consider attending one of the best colleges in the state.
Other factors to think about include:
1. In general, Louisiana colleges would provide you with more work prospects. Pursuing a college education in Louisiana also broadens your horizons by introducing you to a lifelong network of colleagues, advisors, instructors, and mentors who can help you achieve your goals.
This network can open doors and connect you to industry experts with whom you can share ideas and explore new enterprises over the course of your career.
2. Best Colleges in Louisiana will prepare you for a specific career. The work market evolves in tandem with the rest of the world. Technology, education, and health care are three of the fastest-growing professions for a reason: they advance so quickly that only the most capable people can keep up.
3. Studying at one of Louisiana’s premier institutions will boost your marketability and keep you in demand as the demand for talented, college-educated workers grows.
4. Best Colleges in Louisiana will ensure that you obtain abilities that will offer you a competitive edge in the employment market. Employers today are looking for candidates that have great communication, leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical abilities.
5. In addition, the best Colleges in Louisiana help with personal development and self-esteem. A degree gives you power; it enhances your confidence and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
6. Higher education also prepares you to conquer complicated tasks and endure adversity, which leads to greater enjoyment and less stress. This could explain why people with a bachelor’s degree have higher self-esteem than high school grads.
7. Attending the best Colleges in Louisiana will automatically enhance your earning potential. The average income for people with various degrees of education has been released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the evidence is clear: the higher your level of education, the higher your wage.
8. The best Colleges in Louisiana will provide you with excellent networking chances. Building and maintaining a professional network is essential in today’s job environment. Certain components of earning a degree, such as internships and volunteer work, are intended to help you meet people who can assist you in planning your future.
- 10 Best Colleges In Greensboro 2022
- Duke University Admission, Ranking and Review
- Top 10 Affordable Universities in Manitoba with Scholarships
- Affordable MBA in Europe without GMAT and Work Experience
10 Best Colleges in Louisiana
1. Loyola University New Orleans- New Orleans, LA
The private Jesuit university Loyola University New Orleans is located in New Orleans, Louisiana, here in this Institution ranks first in our list of best Colleges in Louisiana. The university was founded in 1904 as Loyola College and was authorized as a university in 1912.
It is a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities and bears the name of the Jesuit founder, Saint Ignatius of Loyola.
The Dr. Joseph A. Danna Center, first opened in 1964, is the centerpiece of Loyola’s on-campus life. The campus bookstore, lounges, student organization and university offices, as well as all of the university’s eating options, are all located in the Danna Student Center.
2. Centenary College- Shreveport, LA
Here is the second best Colleges in Louisiana. Centenary College of Louisiana is a Shreveport, Louisiana-based private liberal arts college. The United Methodist Church is linked with the college.
It is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River, having been founded in 1825. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools has accredited it (SACS).
Centenary emphasizes co-curricular activities and provides students with an abundance of options on and off campus, ranging from Greek life to student media, service, and politics. It is one of Louisiana’s best colleges.
Read Also: Can international students work in USA
3. Xavier University of Louisiana- New Orleans, LA
Number three in our list of best Colleges in Louisiana is the Xavier University. In Cincinnati and Norwood, Ohio, Xavier University is a private Jesuit university. It is the country’s sixth-oldest Catholic and fourth-oldest Jesuit university.
Xavier University has 4,485 undergraduate students and 2,165 graduate students. It is largely a liberal arts college for undergraduates.
The campus is located in the Norwood district of Cincinnati and spans roughly 205 acres, with residential and academic malls bordered by the ancient west campus and the developing east campus.
The Gallagher Student Center and Bellarmine Chapel are located in the heart of campus. Even if the Chapel walls were destroyed, the roof of Bellarmine Chapel is in the shape of a hyperbolic paraboloid, often known as a saddle roof, which will not collapse.
In addition to the university, the chapel is home to a vibrant parish community.
4. Tulane University- New Orleans, LA
Next top best Colleges in Louisiana is the Tulane University. Tulane Institution is a New Orleans-based private research university. In 1834, it was established as a public medical college, and in 1847, it became a comprehensive university.
Tulane University is the ninth-oldest private university in the Association of American Universities, which includes important research universities from the United States and Canada.
Tulane University Law School and Tulane University Medical School are the 12th and 15th oldest law schools and medical schools in the United States, respectively.
Tulane is one of the most prestigious universities in the country, with a 9.73 percent admission rate for the Class of 2025. It is one of Louisiana’s best colleges.
5. Louisiana State University–Baton Rouge
Another top best Colleges in Louisiana is their State University. Louisiana State Institution, located in Baton Rouge, is a public land-grant research university.
Under the name Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy, the university was founded in 1853 in what is now Pineville, Louisiana.
LSU is the state’s flagship school, as well as the flagship institution of the Louisiana State University System, and Louisiana’s most comprehensive university.
In 2017, the university’s 14 schools and colleges enrolled approximately 25,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students.
6. University of Holy Cross- New Orleans, LA
Here in top sixth best Colleges in Louisiana we have the University of Holy Cross, New Orleans, LA. In New Orleans, Louisiana, the University of Holy Cross (UOHC) is a private Marinate liberal arts college.
UHCNO is located on a 16-acre (65,000-m2) campus in the Algiers neighborhood of New Orleans, on the west bank of the Mississippi River, amid a middle-class residential neighborhood. It’s mostly constructed in the Southern Colonial style.
UOHC was founded in 1916 by the Marinates of Holy Cross as a two-year women’s normal school. Its first location was in New Orleans’ Bywater neighborhood. In 1938, it was upgraded to a four-year institution.
The Marinates received a 40-acre (16-hectare) tract of land in Algiers in 1947. In 1960, the college moved across the river to this current location. It was later reduced in size due to a sale. Men were accepted for the first time in 1967. It is one of Louisiana’s best colleges.
7. Northwestern State University of Louisiana- Natchitoches, LA
Here comes the next rated top best Colleges in Louisiana “The Northwestern State University of Louisiana”.
Northwestern State Institution of Louisiana (NSU) is a public university having main campuses in Natchitoches and Shreveport, as well as general campuses in Leesville/Fort Polk and Alexandria.
It is a component of the Louisiana University System. It was the first school in Louisiana to provide nursing and business education degree programs.
NSU was one of NASA’s Joint Venture Program’s first six colleges. Students assisted NASA scientists in analyzing data and conducting research for the Space Shuttle Columbia mission in 1996.
Louisiana Scholars’ College, Louisiana’s designated honors college in the liberal arts and sciences, is also housed at NSU. It is one of Louisiana’s best colleges.
- University of Oxford Acceptance Rate in 2022
- 10 Ways to Make Money With Your Smartphone
- Discover Top English Language Requirements in USA For International Students
- Top 10 Tuition Free Universities in the World 2022
8. Grambling State University
Gambling State University (GSU) if rated the eighth best Colleges in Louisiana. GSU, Grambling, or Grambling State University is a historically black public university in Grambling, Louisiana.
The Eddie G. Robinson Museum is located on campus, and it is part of the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail. The University of Louisiana System and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund are both members of the university.
As of 2015, nearly 30% of GSU’s student body was from outside Louisiana; the three greatest feeder states are Texas, California, and Illinois.
Females make up 60% of the student body, while males make up 40%. Ninety-one percent of students identify as black, while nine percent identify as non-black.
GSU has the second-largest student body among Louisiana’s HBCUs, with almost 5,000 students. It is one of Louisiana’s best colleges.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Places to Study Abroad in 2022
9. Nicholls State University- Thibodaux, LA
Second to last rated best Colleges in Louisiana is the Nicholls State Institution, located in Thibodaux, Louisiana, this institution is a public university. Nicholls is a member of the University of Louisiana System, having been founded in 1948.
Francis T. Nicholls Junior College was renamed Francis T. Nicholls University in honor of Francis T. Nicholls, a former governor of Louisiana and a member of the Louisiana Supreme Court.
The average incoming GPA is 3.2, while the average ACT score is 21. Undergraduate students admitted to the university’s honors program have an average GPA of 3.6 and an ACT score of 26.
Women make up approximately 62 percent of the student body, with overseas students accounting for nearly 3%. Hurricane Katrina impacted Nicholls’ completion rate and overall rating, as it did practically all academic institutions in Louisiana.
10. Southeastern Louisiana University- Hammond, LA
And here we conclude our list of best Colleges in Louisiana with the Southeastern Louisiana University, Located in Hammond, Louisiana, Southeastern Louisiana Institution (Southeastern) is a public university.
Hammond Junior College was founded in 1925 by Linus A. Sims. In 1928, Sims was successful in having the school relocated to north Hammond, and it became known as Southeastern Louisiana College.
In 1970, it was granted university status. There were 14,298 students enrolling in the fall of 2019. Southeastern was one of the fastest-growing institutions in the United States in the 1990s. The university is Louisiana’s third-largest, after LSU and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Trust you found our article on 10 Best Colleges in Louisiana helpful. Follow our website for more interesting articles.