Once again open for applications, the World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries 2024 is intended for experienced development workers.
Over 6000 seasoned development workers have received training thanks to the World Bank scholarship for Developing Countries program. In turn, these experts have contributed to the growth of their nations. The initiative was started in 1982 by the World Bank Group with the goal of creating innovative methods for knowledge exchange and capacity building in the industrialized world. For this reason, it established Scholarships for developing nations.
For the objective of fostering economic growth and shared prosperity, the World Bank Group invests in education and the development of human resources in developing nations. For mid-career professionals and researchers interested in graduate courses in disciplines connected to development, scholarships are now available.
Summary of the World Bank
The World Bank Group includes the World Bank, a global financial organization. Its headquarters are in Washington, D.C. The following organizations comprise the bank:
In addition, there is the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).
IDA, short for International Development Association.
The bank lends money to nations throughout the globe for capital projects. They concentrate on developing nations in the fields of government, infrastructure, agriculture, and environmental protection. Their primary priority is human development since that is what motivates others, which is why the World Bank started offering scholarships to poor nations.
World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries 2024
The World Bank now provides funds for scholarships through two different channels.
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Program(JJ/WBGSP):
Candidates for Masters degrees in development-related fields are the focus of this World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries program. Both the applicants’ origins from poor nations and their professional backgrounds must be pertinent. They must also have a track record of assisting in the development efforts of their respective nations.
In JJ/WBGSP, there are 30 recommended programs and 10 partner programs. Development-related programs tend to be popular. The scholarship’s main development fields of study include economic policy management, task policy, and infrastructure management, and the partner programs are at institutions in the US, Europe, Africa, and Japan.
At the conclusion of the fellowship program, scholars return to their home countries and use their abilities to aid in the social and economic development of those nations.
JJ/WBGSP The following advantages are included with World Bank Scholarships for developing nations’ scholarship packages:
- Monthly living stipend
- Round-trip airfare
- Health Insurance
- Travel allowance
Are you eligible for the JJ/WBGSP?
JJ/WBGSP strictly conforms to the requirements for candidates, with no exceptions. Once there is an open call for applications, they cannot be changed. The following requirements must be met by applicants to the JJ/WBGSP World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries program:
- Must be a citizen of a developing countries that is a World Bank member. You may find a list of the countries here.
- Not possess dual citizenship with any advanced nation
- possess a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree and three years or more of recent job experience in the development sector;
- At least three (3) years must have passed before the application deadline for him or her to have received a bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent).
- Should be working full-time, for pay, in a development-related field at the time the scholarship application is submitted. People from nations classified as fragile or in conflict, as updated in the application guidelines for each scholarship call, shall be exempt.
- The candidate’s health is required.
- Before the application deadline, the applicant must be unconditionally accepted (barring financial considerations) into the master’s program at the JJ/WBGSP-preferred university for the next academic year. The program’s location must be outside of the applicant’s citizenship or country of residence. Before submitting the application, the candidate needs to upload the letter of admission.
- must not be linked to a World Bank Group executive director or employee via blood or adoption.
- 15 Full Masters Scholarships For International Students In USA
- 10 Full Undergraduates Scholarships For International Students In USA
- On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery: Ensuring Efficient and Reliable Service
- About The University of Limerick (UL), Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission
- Find Out How Legit Nitro Scholarship – SCAM? LEGIT? SEE ANSWERS ANS REASONS
How to apply for JJ/WBGSP
By April 23, 2024, applications for the chosen JJ/WBGSP World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries programs must be submitted. To learn more about (i) the guidelines and requirements for submitting an application, (ii) the eligibility requirements applicants must meet, and (iii) the selection process, applicants must read the materials given below.
- Application Instructions
- The full list of preferred JJ/WBGSP
An candidate should click on this link to apply once they are comfortable with the listed materials. To learn how to access and browse the online application, the applicant should also see Accessing Your Online Application and Navigating Your Online Application.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP)
Since 1982, the World Bank has offered RSMFP World Bank Scholarships to poor nations. It was financed by the World Bank, the governments of Bangladesh, China, the former Yugoslavia, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, and Pakistan. PhD candidates from underdeveloped nations have benefited from this by conducting research at foreign institutions. Except for the researcher’s native country or place of residency, these studies must be conducted in a World Bank member nation. The term is between six and ten months, with a maximum value of $25,000.
Currently, there is no call for application for this program as it is undergoing restructuring.
Through its World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries program, the World Bank has taught a large number of professionals in development-related professions who are now using their training to advance their home nations. Through this program, the World Bank has aided member countries’ economic development. Applications are still being accepted, albeit not indefinitely, so you should give it a shot if you are passionate about having a positive impact on your country.
Trust you found our article on World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries 2024 follow our website for more interesting articles.