Are you planning to pursue higher education but worried about the financial burden? Don’t worry; Canara Bank Education Loan is here to help you achieve your dreams. In this blog post, we will discuss the eligibility criteria and the loan application process for Canara Bank Education Loan.
In today’s competitive world, education is the key to a brighter future. Pursuing higher studies often comes with a financial burden, but financial institutions like Canara Bank are stepping in to help students achieve their academic dreams through education loans. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the eligibility criteria and the step-by-step process to secure a Canara Bank Education Loan.
To be eligible for Canara Bank Education Loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- Age: The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Academic Qualifications: The applicant must have secured admission to a recognized institution in India or abroad for a course approved by UGC/Government/AICTE/IMC.
- Collateral: The loan amount above Rs. 4 lakhs requires collateral security in the form of immovable property or liquid security.
- Co-applicant: A parent or guardian must be the co-applicant for the loan.
- Loan Margin: The loan margin for studies in India is 5%, and for studies abroad, it is 15%.
- Moratorium Period: The moratorium period for Canara Bank Education Loan is the course period plus one year or six months after getting a job, whichever is earlier.
Types of Education Loan Schemes
Canara Bank offers various education loan schemes to cater to the diverse needs of students. Let’s take a look at some of the popular schemes:
This scheme is for students pursuing higher education in India. The loan amount can go up to Rs. 10 lakhs for studies in India and Rs. 20 lakhs for studies abroad. The interest rate is 8.75% for loans up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs and 9.25% for loans above Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
IBA Skill Loan Scheme
This scheme is for students pursuing skill development courses in India. The loan amount can go up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs and the interest rate is 10.25%.
Canara Bank Student Loan Scheme
This scheme is for students pursuing higher education in India or abroad. The loan amount can go up to Rs. 20 lakhs for studies abroad and Rs. 10 lakhs for studies in India. The interest rate is 8.75% for loans up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs and 9.25% for loans above Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
Read Also: About The University of Worcester
To apply for Canara Bank Education Loan, you need to submit the following documents:
- Mark sheets of the last qualifying examination
- Proof of admission to the course
- Schedule of expenses for the course
- PAN Card of the student and parent/guardian
- Aadhaar Card of the student and parent/guardian
- Income Tax Returns of the parent/guardian for the last two years
- Bank statement of the parent/guardian for the last six months
- Collateral documents (if applicable)
It is essential to note that the student’s future earning potential is also considered while analyzing the loan application.
Interest Rates and Loan EMI Calculation
The interest rate for Canara Bank Education Loan is linked to the MCLR (Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate) and varies depending on the loan amount and repayment period. The current MCLR is 7.30%, and the interest rate for Canara Bank Education Loan ranges from 7.30% to 9.95%.You can calculate the loan EMI using the online EMI calculator available on the Canara Bank website. For instance, if you take a loan of Rs. 10 lakhs for a period of 10 years at an interest rate of 8.75%, the EMI will be Rs. 12,310.
Canara Bank offers flexible repayment options, understanding that the financial journey post-education varies for each student. Here are some common features of the repayment process:
Most Canara Bank Education Loans come with a moratorium period, allowing students to focus on their studies before commencing repayments. The moratorium period typically extends for the course duration and a few months after securing employment.
Canara Bank provides ample time for loan repayment, with tenures extending up to 15 years. This extended tenure helps in comfortable EMIs and reduces the financial burden on borrowers.
Borrowers have the option to make prepayments towards their loan without incurring any prepayment charges.
Canara Bank allows borrowers to choose between fixed or floating interest rates, enabling them to opt for the EMI scheme that aligns with their financial goals.
Applicants should carefully review the terms and conditions related to loan repayment before finalizing their loan agreement.
To apply for Canara Bank Education Loan, follow these steps:
- Visit the Canara Bank website and fill the online application form.
- Submit the required documents, including the collateral documents (if applicable).
- Get the loan profile analyzed by the bank.
- Once the loan is approved, sign the loan agreement and submit the acceptance letter.
- The loan amount will be disbursed to the institution directly.
It is essential to compare and choose the lender based on eligibility and loan policies to make an informed decision.
Additional Tips and FAQs
Are Canara Bank Education Loans available for undergraduate and postgraduate courses?
Yes, Canara Bank Education Loans cover a wide range of courses, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional courses in India and abroad.
What is the maximum loan amount that Canara Bank offers for education loans?
The maximum loan amount varies depending on several factors, but it can go up to several crores for higher education abroad.
Can I apply for a Canara Bank Education Loan online?
Yes, Canara Bank provides online application options, making it convenient for applicants to apply from the comfort of their homes.
Is collateral always required for Canara Bank Education Loans?
Collateral requirements vary, and not all loans require collateral. The need for collateral depends on the loan amount and specific terms of the loan scheme.
Canara Bank Education Loan is an excellent option for students who want to pursue higher education but face financial constraints. In this blog post, we discussed the eligibility criteria, types of education loan schemes, documents required, interest rates, loan EMI calculation, and application process for Canara Bank Education Loan. By following the steps mentioned above, you can apply for the loan and achieve your higher education goals.
Trust you found our article on “ Canara Bank Education Loan – Eligibility and Process “ helpful please follow our website for more interesting and informative articles like this.