We will enlighten you on cia undergraduate internship program in USA, 2019. Do you want to participate in an intriguing and challenging internship or Cooperative Education (Co-op) program? As an undergraduate or graduate student, consider working for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
All full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree at a four-year academic institution are eligible to participate in the program. Interns are often freshmen when they apply, and they want to pursue a DO career after graduation.
cia undergraduate internship program in USA are available for students. They’re right in the middle of world-changing events as they happen. Working here is so more than a job; it is a mentality and a way of life.
Field of Internship: cia undergraduate internship program in USA or graduate student.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
Eligibility for cia undergraduate internship program in USA:
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Citizenship in the United States is necessary (dual national US citizens are eligible) All roles necessitate a move to the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
- There is no recommended major cia undergraduate internship program in USA of study; full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 4-year academic institution with at least one semester completed at the time of application. Please add your college/university details and expected graduation date in the Education section of the online application.
- Competitive applicants will be evaluated if they are enrolled in 2-year degree programs that lead to recognized 4-year programs. In your cover letter, please mention your plans to continue your education at a four-year institution or university. Prior to starting on duty, documentation of acceptance into the cia undergraduate internship program in USA four-year is required if you are competitive.
- At the time of application, you must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale, which you must keep throughout the application process and cia undergraduate internship program in USA.
- Availability to complete two 90-day cia undergraduate internship program in USA throughout the summer (the first summer internship typically starts May or June 2020 and the second will start May or June 2021)
- Attending full-time school prior to/following this cia undergraduate internship program in USA.
- Integrity that is unquestionably unquestionably unquestionably unquestion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and vocal
- Interest in foreign affairs and national security problems has been demonstrated.
- Commitment to serving our country’s interests
- Following graduation, I’d like to work for the CIA’s Directorate of Operations.
- The DO will not approve candidates who travel outside of the US for more than three months in a row between January 2019 and May 2020 due to processing constraints. Between January 2021 and May 2021, extended international travel is also discouraged.
Read Also: What Are The 12 Ivy League Schools and Their Ranking?
Foreign language skills and/or cia undergraduate internship program in USA experience are required.
In order to be considered for Agency work, applicants must not have used illegal drugs in the previous 12 months. During medical and security processing, the issue of illegal drug usage in the previous 12 months is carefully evaluated.
All applicants must successfully complete the following tasks:
- A comprehensive medical and psychological examination
- A polygraph examination
- A thorough background inquiry was conducted.
No internships are available for international students.
- Office of the President
The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (D/CIA) is appointed by the President with Senate confirmation and reports directly to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI); in practice, the cia undergraduate internship program in USA director interacts with the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Congress, and the White House, while the Deputy Director (DD/CIA) is the CIA’s internal executive, and the Chief Operating Officer (COO/CIA), formerly known as Executive Director until 2017, leads the day-to-day operations of the
The Deputy Director is selected by the Director without Senate confirmation, but because the President’s view is heavily weighted in the decision, the Deputy Director is widely regarded as a political job, with the Chief Operating Officer being the most senior non-political position.
The Executive Office also assists the US military by sharing information it collects, receiving information from military intelligence groups, and cooperating with field operations. The CIA’s day-to-day operations are overseen by the Executive Director.
There is a Director for each branch of the military service. The CIA’s connection with the Unified Combatant Commands, which produce and distribute regional/operational intelligence to the cia undergraduate internship program in USA and consume national intelligence produced by the CIA, is managed by the Associate Director of Military Affairs, a senior military officer.
- Analysis Directorate
The Directorate of Analysis, formerly known as the Directorate of Intelligence (DI), is charged with assisting “the President and other policymakers in making informed decisions about our country’s national security” by “looking at all available information on an issue and organizing[ing] it for policymakers.”
Four regional analytic groups, six transnational problems groups, and three policy, collection, and staff support groups make up the Directorate.
There is an Iraq office, as well as regional analytical offices for the Near East and South Asia, Russia, and Europe, as well as offices for Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Africa.
- Operations Directorate
Operations Directorate is the main article (CIA)
The Directorate of Operations is in charge of gathering foreign intelligence (mostly from clandestine HUMINT sources) and conducting covert operations. The term refers to the organization’s position as a coordinator of human intelligence activities among various sections of the US intelligence community.
This Directorate was established to put an end to years of antagonism between the US Department of Defense (DOD) and the cia undergraduate internship program in USA over influence, ideology, and budget. Despite this, the Department of Defense recently established the Defense Clandestine Branch (DCS), a global clandestine intelligence service under the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
Although this Directorate is known to be organized by geographic regions and topics, its exact structure is classified.
- Science and Technology Directorate (DST)
Directorate of Science and Technology (DST) is the main article for this topic.
The Directorate of Science and Technology was formed to investigate, develop, and administer technical collection disciplines and equipment. Many of its innovations were passed on to other intelligence agencies or, as they grew more public, the military services.
For example, the United States Air Force collaborated on the development of the U-2 high-altitude surveillance aircraft. The original goal of the U-2 was to gather secret imagery intelligence over forbidden locations like the Soviet Union. The Air Force presently operates it, and it now has signals intelligence, measurement, and signature intelligence capabilities.
- Digital Innovation Directorate
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is responsible for advancing innovation across all of the Agency’s missions. It is the newest directorate of the Agency. The cia undergraduate internship program in USA espionage, counterintelligence, all-source analysis, open-source intelligence collection, and covert action activities are all streamlined and integrated into the Langley, Virginia-based office’s purpose.
It gives cyber operations specialists the tools and tactics they need to succeed. It engages in cyber tradecraft and works with information technology infrastructure.
This entails retooling the CIA to fight cyberwarfare. DDI officers aid in the integration of cutting-edge methodologies and tools to improve the CIA’s cyber and digital capabilities on a worldwide scale, ultimately assisting in the protection of the United States.
Is this a remunerated internship? This is a salaried internship opportunity.
$43,300 (or $20.74 per hour) as a starting wage
The CIA offers interesting career options and a dynamic workplace in addition to a complete benefits package.
- Top 5 Best Universities in Canada Without Student Application Fee
- Top 10 Best Jobs for Stay at Home Moms with no Experience
- Top 10 Best Blockchain Certification for Professionals in 2022
- What Are The 12 Ivy League Schools and Their Ranking?
- Affordable MBA in Europe without GMAT and Work Experience
Description of the cia undergraduate internship program in USA:
You will work in the Washington, DC area as a Collection Management Officer or Staff Operations Officer, collaborating with knowledgeable professionals to facilitate the collection and dissemination of foreign intelligence for use by US national security, defense, and foreign policy officials and intelligence analysts.
- Competitive applicants who apply early in the application process, rather than waiting until the last week, have a better chance of passing the rigorous security and medical screenings that must be completed before beginning duty as a Directorate of Operations Undergraduate Intern the following summer.
- If you plan to study abroad or otherwise be outside of the US between now and the end of summer 2019, they strongly advise you to apply by January 31, 2019. Please include estimated trip dates in your cover letter.
Number of awards offered: Numbers is unknown.
Internship Duration: Full-time
Notification: None was received
Read Also: 7 Best Cheapest Online Law School In 2022
Application Instructions to cia undergraduate internship program in USA:
You must submit the following information in order to apply: https://www.cia.gov/careers/student-opportunities/ncs-intern.html#job-details-tab3
The following documents (in PDF format) must be attached to your online application:
- A two-page cover letter identifying yourself, explaining why you are interested in a DO profession, and highlighting characteristics and experiences that set you apart from other applicants.
- Answer the following questions in a separate PDF attachment: Qualifications Supplement
- What draws you to a career in government service? (1 paragraph)
- Why do you want to work in the Operations Directorate? (1 paragraph)
- What other professional alternatives do you have in mind outside the Directorate of Operations? (1 paragraph)
- Describe one aspect of your educational, military, or professional history that has helped you succeed in the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- Fill in the blanks: “I do my finest work when…” (1 sentence)
- Describe an instance when you failed professionally or academically, and what you learned from it (2 paragraphs)
- Grades from the Fall 2018 semester on college transcripts (copies of unofficial transcripts are acceptable at this stage of processing).
- Internship Application Deadline: Applicants who will be away from home during the late spring/summer of 2019 are strongly urged to apply by January 31, 2019.
Trust you found our article on CIA Undergraduate Internship Program in USA, 2019 helpful. follow our website for more interesting article.