Do you want to aid others in overcoming obstacles in their lives? If so, all you need to do is sign up for free online social work courses with certificates.
You’ll gain a deeper grasp of mental health conditions, drug abuse, and charitable giving with these free online social work courses.
According to the BLS, the number of open positions for social workers is anticipated to increase by 16% over the next ten years, which is a greater rate of growth than for the majority of other occupations. Additionally, this rise will lead to the creation of 110,000 additional employment.
You must realize that online social work courses are excellent choices for anyone looking to advance their profession or wishing to increase their knowledge of social services. They are not only appropriate for people thinking about a career in social work.
If you’d like to sign up for one of these courses, carefully read the information below and submit an application for the program that best meets your needs.
What Is Social Work
In the broadest sense, social work is a profession that encompasses a variety of professions who help those in need. An interconnected system of values, theory, and practice is what social work is, according to the International Federation of Social Workers.
So enrolling in a social work program may be your best choice if you enjoy helping people overcome life’s most difficult obstacles, such as poverty, addiction, mental illness, and family conflicts.
Many individuals are familiar with the typical social work occupations, such as social work in hospitals or social work with children, families, and schools. But for individuals who opt to enroll in a social work program, there are a lot more job options accessible.
Types of Social workers
Three categories of social work exist, including:
- Social workers in the public health and medical fields
- Social workers in families, schools, and child welfare
- Insomnia and addictions the social workers
Child welfare workers are the most prevalent category of social worker, per BLS. Typically, their job is to assist young people, families, and the elderly in finding solutions to their issues. They support adoptive parents and the placement of children in foster care.
They link parents who are having issues with resources that will help them better care for and raise their children. Additionally, they collaborate with educators and kids to address issues like bullying and learning difficulties.
Similar to this, social workers in the medical and public health fields aid those who are critically ill and those with long-term health issues in finding appropriate care, in getting access to government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, and in finding services like nutrition and nursing classes.
Moreover, mental health issues and addictions Social workers assist individuals in locating long-term mental health treatment or rehabilitation programs.
Reasons Social Works
A typical social worker has the unique skill of investigating several facets of a problem, from the psychological to the political, from the person to society.
Counseling, treatment, and education are common forms of client service, as well as putting clients in touch with the right governmental or private services.
You may want to take into account the following factors if you are on the fence about enrolling in an online social work program;
- In numerous situations, you assume the function of important mental health professionals.
- Led both major and small non-profit organizations,
- Take on positions in politics or the administration, and
- Take on leadership responsibilities at work. Efforts by communities to promote social justice.
Advantages of a Social Work Course
Why choose for a profession in community services or social work? These are our opinions.
- You can pursue many different professional routes thanks to it: The ideal introduction to social work is our Intro to Community Services course. There are numerous job options in this area, ranging from counseling and women’s rights to child welfare and immigration. Any objective you have can be accomplished with the help of a course like ours.
- The field is expanding: because of the increased demand for social workers and support professionals, and the industry is just continuing to grow. Your career will probably be filled with many options if you chose this field.
- Everyday is different because you get to do something new: The type of work you do on a daily basis will vary greatly if you work in social or community services because you will engage with people from all walks of life. People who appreciate a constantly changing surroundings and finding something fresh to do each day would really enjoy this.
- Despite being incredibly lucrative: this job path isn’t always simple, therefore you’ll always face challenges. When you witness the difference you can make in someone else’s life, the payoff is amazing even though you’ll have to deal with difficult situations and delicate subjects.
How Can I Get A Free Online Social Work Courses With Certificates?
Even if it will cost you money, choosing to enroll in an online course in order to learn a new skill or even simply to brush up on ones you already have is a highly commendable decision.
Thankfully, there are free online social work schools that award certifications, but before you decide to give one of these programs a shot, make sure you get some solid guidance.
You might start by following the considerations and enrolling stages listed below.
Select the school that offers Social Service courses online
You must first select an online social service course before obtaining a form and completing the registration process. Below is a list and description of the programs that are offered.
Complete the online application
You will be needed to create an account during the registration process that contains some personal data. A Social Work class could need you to electronically submit your passport photo, curriculum vitae, personal statement, and any other documents, in contrast to other online courses.
Only a small number of online social work courses might demand an interview, which can be held on Skype or over the phone.
A Skype interview is exactly like a face-to-face interview. In this situation, make sure your internet connection is strong and your computer camera is in good working order. Be careful to dress professionally, just like you would for an in-person interview.
You will be given access to choose your degree level and course of study once you have finished the online registration process and the interview. After that, you may begin signing up for classes.
You start by deciding the specialization you want to pursue first. When you enroll in a course that is a component of a Specialization, you also enroll in the entire program.
Read Also: Top 10 Animation Schools in Canada
What Is The Duration For Online Social Work Courses?
Online social service courses can be any length, depending on the institution or company offering the course. Although some colleges provide coursework that can be accomplished in as little as five weeks, others don’t need completion within a year.
Depending on the sort of curriculum, a typical free online social service course with certifications lasts 12 weeks, however some may go as long as 14.
You must realize that you have control over how long your online courses last. For instance, if a course is supposed to run eight to nine weeks, the majority of instructors provide assignments at the start of the program, so you can finish the work and submit it as you like.
Hospitals, settlement centers, community development organizations, private practices, schools, child welfare and social services agencies, and mental health clinics are among the places where social workers typically work. They frequently have full-time jobs, though they occasionally have to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
What Are Free Online Social Work Courses With Certificates
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of 12 free online social work courses with certificates. These classes include a wide range of subjects that will provide you the information and abilities need to get ready for a career as a social worker.
You will learn in-depth details about the many courses offered at the free online colleges listed below as you read on.
- Introduction to Psychology
- The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness
- Opioid Crisis
- Fundraising for the Non-Profit
- The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Confronting Gender-Based Violence: Global Lessons for Healthcare Workers
- Children’s Human Rights – An Interdisciplinary Introduction
- Community Organizing for Social Justice
- Understanding Violence
- Gender and Sexuality: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Psychodiagnostics and Psychological Assessment
1. Introduction to Psychology
Introduction to Psychology is one of the free online social work courses with certificates. Through Coursera, the University of Toronto offers a specialization in social work called Introduction to Psychology. Over 200,000 students are registered in this online speciality at the school, one of the top organizations for innovation and research.
The most fascinating psychological research projects will be covered in this course, along with how those studies have affected our knowledge of human thought and behavior.
Additionally, you will learn about the brain’s functions and some of the cognitive skills they enable, including memory, learning, attention, perception, and consciousness.
A complete analysis of human development, the numerous types of mental disease, and the therapies applied to those who experience them is covered in the course material.
You will have a better knowledge of who you are and how you operate at the end of this course.
Link To Free Online Certificate Website
2. The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness
Another online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates. A few of the top colleges in the world, including the University of Toronto, which has a history dating back to 1827, provide social service courses online through Coursera.
There are around 16,830 students registered in this specialization for free instruction.
Learn how social factors influence mental health, the beginning and progression of mental illness, and the diagnosis and treatment of mental diseases in this course.
You will have an awareness of how social views and societal advancements in North America and other countries have impacted mental health and sickness by the end of this training.
Read Also: Top 15 Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the World
3. Opioid Crisis
This is one of the free online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates. This is a significant area of social work specialty. Opioids are a group of pharmaceuticals that are frequently prescribed as painkillers but are also quite addictive.
You will discover the legal and illegal applications of opioids, as well as the human and financial costs associated with opioid misuse, in roughly two hours of lectures per day. 3,241 students are enrolled in this course at the moment.
You will have a better grasp of opioid medications and the opioid crisis by the end of this course.
4. Fundraising for the Non-Profit
Fundraising for the Non-Profit is one of the free online social work courses with certificates. One of the most popular free online social work courses with credentials is fundraising for the nonprofit. Christine Benninger, who served as Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) president for 17 years, is featured in this section. Her immediate implementation of a six-month strategy to maintain the organization’s viability was necessitated by the state the organization was in when she came.
Through Coursera, Stanford University and Alison are offering this course. There are 12,085 students enrolled in total.
By the end of this class, Christine Benninger will have taught you how to fundraise for nonprofit organizations and how to appreciate the importance of a purpose.
You must achieve a score of 80% or above to become certified in this specialty.
Read Also: 8 Best Engineering Universities in Australia
5. The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs
This is one of the free online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates. One of the most popular free online social work courses with certifications is offered by the University of Toronto. 49,022 people are enrolled in this online course at the moment.
Everyone is eligible to apply, even those who have previously earned a social work degree from a university.
- The following subjects are covered in coursework;
- The Strategies and Skills Learning and Development System’s fundamental ideas (SSLD).
- Relationship management case studies serve as examples of the SSLD’s fundamental practice ideas and methodologies.
- Relationship management assessment using the SSLD framework; N3C (needs, circumstances, characteristics, capacity); and problem translation
- The following core skills are required for the SSLD system’s relationship management application: observational learning, simulation, real-world implementation, review, and monitoring.
After completing this program, you will comprehend the value of regular relationships and be able to explain sophisticated ideas to participants who work in the social work and medical professions.
- Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2023 | Step by Step Application guide
- 7 Best Countries To Study Mechanical Engineering Abroad
- Top 10 Hardest Masters Degrees to Study in the World
- 2023 List of Tuition Free Universities in Norway
- Amazing 75+ Cute Girlfriend Nicknames That Will Make Her Blush
- 10 Free Homeschool curriculum with daily lesson plans 2023
6. Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism Spectrum Disorder is one of the free online social work courses with certificates. Searching for the top certificated social work courses online? Through Coursera, the University of California Davis (UCDavis) offers free instruction in Autism Spectrum Disorder to interested learners.
You will gain a basic grasp of what autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is, how it is diagnosed, the main areas of disability, and why prevalence is rising in this course.
Join the 49,672 other students already enrolled and discover everything there is to know about autism spectrum disorder.
7. Confronting Gender-Based Violence: Global Lessons for Healthcare Workers
This is another free online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates. One of the biggest colleges in the nation and home to the top social work program in the entire globe is John Hopkins University. Through Coursera, the institution offers free online social worker training. Currently 12,363 students are enrolled.
You will gain exposure to a worldwide perspective on gender-based violence by enrolling in this specialization (GBV). courses address the following fundamental subjects;
- Introduction of GBV from a worldwide standpoint, with a focus on providing a robust response by the health sector to GBV and imparting critical skills to social workers and other healthcare professionals.
- Students can delve further into particular concerns as a result of the honors curriculum, which is provided by professionals from around the world and touches on niche populations and specialized topics.
If you achieve the passing score after finishing this course, you will be awarded a certification.
Read Also:100 Informative Speech Topics for College Students
8. Children’s Human Rights – An Interdisciplinary Introduction
Another free online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates is the children’s human rights. If you don’t have a thorough understanding of this specialty, your chances of success as a social worker are slim. offered on Coursera by the University of Geneva.
This course focuses on the evolution of children’s human rights as well as the changes in children’s problems over time and societal attempts to address them.
In addition to learning about the important players in the international organizations working in this area, you will also study about worldwide policies and programs for promoting children’s rights.
You will have a general understanding of the most significant aspects of children’s human rights after completing this class.
9. Community Organizing for Social Justice
This is one of the free online social work courses with certificates. The University of Michigan is making this Specialization available through Coursera.
Core themes covered throughout coursework include
- Community organizing tactics for social justice in a multicultural, democratic society.
- the fundamental ideas of social justice and practical methods for bringing people together to establish objectives and priorities, evaluate the resources and needs of the community, create plans of action, and garner support for their implementation.
- You will discover how to create core groups, increase organizational capability, and create a plan for interacting with supporters and allies.
Individual instructions, small group exercises, knowledge on effective programs, a variety of learning modalities, as well as practical tools for problem-solving and program development are all included in this course.
You will have the knowledge necessary to bring about change in communities all across the world by the end of this course.
10. Understanding Violence
Understanding Violence is one of the free online social work courses with certificates. Emory University offers free online social work courses through OpenCourseWare and an online learning environment that allows students to communicate with professors and classmates.
17,907 people have already enrolled in this specialty.
You will meet professionals who research various types of violence in this course. You will gain knowledge of the numerous causes of violence as well as the initiatives to stop it and participate in a day of kindness.
11. Gender and Sexuality: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Another free online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates. The University of Pittsburgh is providing Gender and Sexuality as an online social services course through Coursera. 12,193 people have already signed up.
You will learn about LGBTQIA identities and the fascinating topic of gender, sexuality, and women’s studies through this specialization.
You will gain knowledge about how identity impacts our experiences in culture and at work by using a variety of multidisciplinary concepts, resources, and methodologies.
You will be familiar with the fundamental ideas that will enable you to interpret and comprehend the shared world by the end of this course.
Read Also: 100 Informative Speech Topics for College Students
12. Psychodiagnostics and Psychological Assessment
This is one of the online social work course with certificate on the list of free online social work courses with certificates. Through Coursera, Tomsk State University offers a potent social service education choice called Psychodiagnostics and Psychological Assessment.
There are 5 units in this course. There are 4-6 themes in each module. Some of the subjects covered include;
- The technique for obtaining a client’s “informed consent” on psychodiagnostics and assessment methods.
- To determine whether the suggested psychodiagnostics programs are in conformity with the ultimate testing objectives.
- You’ll comprehend the several approaches to evaluating a person’s various traits.
- Learn the potentials of psychodiagnostics of this or that personality trait by utilizing different diagnostic methods.
- The degree of dependability of the received diagnostic data will be discernible to you.
Trust you found our article on 12 Free Online Social Work Courses With Certificates 2023 helpful. follow our website for more interesting articles